Husband turns Canadian


My husband is delighted. Several people have told him after two years back in Canada he has lost his British accent. To me his accent was never anything other than Canadian. Four-rest for forest, meer for mirror and squirl for squirrel. I did catch him saying inner-view for interview the other day so I guess his return to the mother ship is complete. I'm not planning on speaking anything other than English with a slight Geordie accent for the rest of my life. Nar worra mean like? No I guess not, if you're Canadian. I have recently caught myself saying eh? a lot at the end of sentences and also using the word bunch as a collective noun not just for bananas but for people, dogs and even water as in there's a whole bunch of water on the porch after that rainstorm. I think I'm doomed. Eh?

Comments

Popular Posts